Friday, March 2, 2012

30 Days of Lists: List Two


Goals for this month: 

1. Do at least 14 prompts for Image Quest (one more than last month).
2. Enjoy our time in LA. Forget email, calories, gas prices, bed times etc.
3. Go to a new restaurant.
4.Keep up with my March moleskin journal. Forgive my February failings. 
(Man, I was the WORST journaler ever.)
5. By myself a new dress. Bonus points for buying new jeans and a skirt.


I thought I'd show you the opposite page so you can see my backgrounds before I cover them up. This one was done primarily with Faber Castel Big Brush markers, aquarelles, a Prima mask and my script stamp. Nothing too difficult or serious :-)


I made most of my backgrounds at triathlons, water parks and lakes all summer. Armed with a spray bottle of water and a basic mark making kit in a zip loc bag, and a few sheets of paper towel; I was able to fill up several journals. Gotta love that.


For the art in the corner and the bottom I did an packing tape image transfer of some of my collages. It's really nice reusing my projects like this. I didn't stress about what I was going to use these pages for so I just scattered the transfers throughout the book. They're attached with Mod Podge.

I have a lot of other projects, recipes and decorating on the go. Don't worry that I'll just be posting lists. 



7 comments:

Elle said...

"I made most of my backgrounds at triathlons, water parks and lakes all summer. Armed with a spray bottle of water and a basic mark making kit in a zip loc bag, and a few sheets of paper towel; I was able to fill up several journals."

What a lovely idea! And yes, we all need some retail therapy every month!

Maggi said...

Love the idea of having a background kit to go!

Kanani said...

I spy WASHI tape! I absolutely LOVE your lists...so bright + colorful + full of techniques I'd like to try one day!

Michelle Hernandez said...

How are you writing on the washi? I can't seem to find a pen that works- been wanting to draw my own chevron and daisy patterns for WEEKS! Beautiful project- love your bright color combo!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

this is beautiful! You backgrounds on the go are gorgeous. You must not stress over the small stuff like I do because there isn't any :)

Bonita Rose said...

your pages are perfect.. love your style.. I love messy bright pages like yours.. love love them!

Kathi said...

How cool that you were able to craft while attending races and going to water parks, etc. Much better use of your time than sitting around and waiting!

Great page! Great list!

Stop tempting me to art journal. OK?